Happiness

51 free and easy good deeds to make the world a better place

I believe in karma. Not the type that hits a person right after a bad act into the face. Sooner the one that hits a bad person some years later, but then with all her power. Notice: Karma will not follow immediately but it will follow.

Karma shouldn’t be the reason you help people. Good deeds come out of the situation if your feeling that you’re doing the right. Every little deed could be a good one. Every little thing could make someone’s day. Always keep in mind:

»You can’t change the world,
but you can make a difference«

I wanna give you some inspiration to make a difference. Even if the things seem small to you, try them out and convince yourself about the impact they do.
Here are my 51 favorite small good deeds to do every day.

1. Hold the door open for somebody
  2. Make a stranger smile
  3. Use a cotton bag instead of a plastic bag, the environment doesn’t need any more plastic trash.
  4. Create some sticky notes with sweet messages like „Take a smile“ or „You’re great!“ and tie them up at a well-attended public place.
  5. Talk good about people, even if they’re not present. No one likes knockers.
  6. Separate the trash. I don’t know how it works in your country, but in Germany, it is so easy to separate the plastic from the biological trash. Even if you’re thinking that this isn’t a big deal, it can do a big impact if everyone goes by the rules.
  7. Sort out old clothes and donate them to an official company. The German one is for example „Deutsches Rotes Kreuz“. Please be sure that the things are wearable.
  8. Volunteer at a soup kitchen for homeless people or at a food bank.
  9. Look after your pets and spent time with them. They will be very thankful even if they can’t express their selves through words.
  10. Treat your neighbor with a little gift. You could bring them bread on a Sunday morning or share your delicious meal you would never manage to eat alone. True to the motto: Sharing is caring.
  11. Write down 3 things you’re grateful for.Listen Bilder-6.png
  12. Smile at yourself everytime passing a mirror. It will do a great impact to your mood. Why not smile at that furious looking person in the mirror. I promise you when you smile she will smile back.
  13. Don’t waste food. Try to use also the rests in your fridge. Sometimes the meals out of rests come out as the tastiest ones.
  14. Say thank you to a friend or left them a note saying thank you. You will be the hero of the day and your friend will be very happy about it too.
  15. Volunteer at an animal home or go on a walk with a dog. You don’t know how happy you make the lonely animals.
  16. Sign up for a charity run. This opportunity includes three good aspects. Your getting in shape, you meet new people with the same interests and it’s all for a good cause.What are your waiting for? You can find charity runs in every bigger town.Listen Bilder-3
  17. Offer your seat to someone who needs it (old people, pregnant woman). We’re sitting too much on work days anyway.
  18. Hold down for some minutes and realize the nature in all it facets.
  19. Listen carefully. Don’t interrupt or change the subject, open up your ears and try to be fully aware of the words you’re hearing.
  20. Ask a loved one about their day and follow Rule 19.
  21. Buy fresh flowers for a family member – just because.
  22. Talk to a person that seems lonely.
  23. Offer Tourists to take a picture of them. Don’t run away with the camera. 😉Listen Bilder-2
  24. Make someone a nice compliment, but only if you mean it.
  25. It’s raining. Share your umbrella.
  26. Open the train door when you see people running to your compartment.
  27. Donate your already read books to your local library. Be honest, you will never read every book in your shelves again.
  28. Be nice to a person you originally don’t like that much.
  29. Hug someone you like.
  30. Take the bike instead of your car.Listen Bilder-5
  31. Buy a whole meal and give it to a homeless person. You will feel great afterward.
  32. Meditate.
  33. Switch off the light in summer, it’s bright enough outside. You won’t need it.
  34. Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth.
  35. Answer the phone with a cheerful voice. The person on the other side of the cable will be nicer too.
  36. Bake something for your colleagues. Everyone appreciates a chocolate muffin.Listen Bilder-4
  37. Donate money online.
  38. Offer your local library to read out for children.
  39. Call an old friend you haven’t heard from for a long time.
  40. Prepare breakfast/dinner for the whole family.
  41. Comment something nice under a Blog post you like. For you, it’s only a short message. For the Blogger, it is a big thing that makes him happy.
  42. Help a friend in need. For example, help him to move into his new home. Each hand brings a faster end.
  43. Give the waiter a big tip and a smile.
  44. „I made a man so happy when I wrote a letter once“ Do you know from which song this phrase is coming? Comment your suggestion down below!
    Write a letter to an old friend or your grandparents.Write a letter-3
  45. Share a Blog post. One click for you. A lot of new readers for the Blogger. 😉
  46. Listen to a street musician. Applaud him. Give him a tip.
  47. Donate your most valuable resource – Time.
  48. Buy 2 coffees and give one to a stranger. Wish him a good start in the day.
  49. Help a kid solving his homework. Nothing is more discouraging than wasting time with a hard homework.
  50. Tell your friend/family member/ partner how much he means to you.
  51. Be respectful and nice on the internet. Anonymity isn’t a cause to be mean to others. Spread love not hate!

That were a lot of kind deeds you can do every day. You don’t need to do 50 good things at once. One good deed a day should be possible. Some things in my List are natural for me. For example holding the door open for everyone that follows after me. That’s not the case for everyone.

As I already mentioned there are some little things on my List you could do to make a Blogger (ME) really happy. For example sharing this Post to spread some compassion and make the world a better place. Also, a comment of your favorite good deed on the list would be interesting.

Thanks for reading the today’s Blog post! I hope that you have some new ideas to try next time you’re in public. It neither hard to make someone smile nor being nice to others. It also affects your mood, so give it a try.
Have a nice #HappySunday and a positive start into the week!

Keep Smiling!
∼Hannah Nele

You may also like

68 Comments

• Fashion - Travel - Food

Superb

18/06/2017 at 21:22 Reply
  • Nana

great article

18/06/2017 at 21:31 Reply
  • thinkmag

I love this post. We need to be more giving as a society that’s for sure. Last Friday I was on the train returning from a talk about artist Georgia O’Keeffe. A man on the train was asking for money and I gave it to him. (That week I vowed to give money away to people in need). Another passenger said that man is just doing to buy drugs. My response was, it’s not for me to judge. He has to decide whether to buy food or drugs. My point is regardless of what someone will do with the money, if they’re sitting on the street begging they need money for something. It’s up to them how they use it.

18/06/2017 at 23:50 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you, if you don’t wanna miss more Posts like this you should follow my Blog via E-Mail, it’s free and you will become mood lifters once a week! <3 I'm thinking just as you do in this thematic, let the people do what they want. Life and let life. Have a nice week Mag and keep smiling! 🙂

19/06/2017 at 21:06 Reply
  • Brenda Moore Johnson

I especially love #41! I am a new blogger and I have read different blogs for years, but rarely ever left a comment. Now I know how much it means to get a comment, and it only take a moment. What a great list!

19/06/2017 at 00:38 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much. I’m very honored that you choosed my Blog for your first comment. <3 Have a wonderful evening 🙂 and remember to smile once a day 🙂 Sending positive vibes, Hannah Nele.

19/06/2017 at 16:56 Reply
  • Marie

Very nice tips and well written. I will certainly do some things today

19/06/2017 at 07:32 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much! Yes do it girl! Let’s make the world a better place together! I followed point 28 today. 🙂 What was your good deed today? <3

19/06/2017 at 21:07 Reply
  • Michelle Früh

Ein richtig toller Post und wundervolle Tipps
    Liebe Grüße Michelle von beautifulfairy

19/06/2017 at 14:48 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Vielen Dank liebe Michelle! <3 Es freut mich immer so sehr positives Feedback zu bekommen! Wenn du magst kannst du ja meinem Blog folgen, dann verpasst du keinen Stimmungsmacher von meinem Blog. <3

19/06/2017 at 21:08 Reply
  • The Wordy Mom

Sweet : )

19/06/2017 at 15:23 Reply

Thank you very much! <3 Have a wonderful week and keep smiling! 🙂

19/06/2017 at 21:09 Reply
  • Natalie

Great suggestions! Thank you :o)

19/06/2017 at 16:35 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Your absolutley welcome! Feel free to visit my Blog every day or follow it to make sure not to miss a future post! <3

19/06/2017 at 21:10 Reply
  • Divyanka Krsna

All these are very relatable from the everyday situations. This will make ours as well someone else’s day brighter. Keep spreading smiles!

19/06/2017 at 19:13 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much! <3 I hope so! 🙂 Yes I will do and you keep smiling, little tip: following my Blog is a good start for a more positiv thinking! 😉

19/06/2017 at 21:11 Reply
  • Marianna | Find Your Mom Tribe

Love this list! I really enjoy doing random acts of kindness with my kids. We will try some of these!

19/06/2017 at 19:56 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you Marianna! <3 That sounds great, keep doing it! Your kids will grow up as very empathetic and kind persons, that's so wonderful, we need more Moms like you! 🙂

19/06/2017 at 21:13 Reply
  • Dana

What a great list! It’s amazing how many of these things people don’t do, including myself. I must get better at it, however, I do #40 everyday and would love some reciprocation ?

19/06/2017 at 19:58 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That’s so nice of you, thank you very much! <3 I promise you if you really want it you will get better at it! 🙂 Keep going. If you wanna keep in touch with the good vibes of my Blog you should follow my E-Mail list. It's free! 😉

19/06/2017 at 21:02 Reply
  • nerdybooklife

I love these! Especially number one! I do my best to hold the door for anyone I can! I need to adopt more of these!

19/06/2017 at 20:02 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much! <3 I'm glad you liked my Post. It's great that you already do something from the list just keep going and add some points to your routine.

19/06/2017 at 21:00 Reply
  • renaontheedge

These are many nice tips. When I read them, I just wanted to make them my reality and my mood went up, up, up 🙂

19/06/2017 at 20:16 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much that’s so kind of you! <3 I'm happy that my Blog theme is working that well for you, my only aim is to make the people happy so I would say I didi it for you. 😉 When you wanna be always the first one getting a good mood you should follow my Blog/ E_Mail list.

19/06/2017 at 20:58 Reply
  • romistyle

Especially in Berlin, I have the feeling that a lot could change if people would be nicer to each other. This city can be really rude and mean 🙁
    Best wishes
    Romi
    von http://www.romistyle.de

19/06/2017 at 20:51 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

I recognized this too in Berlin, but it has also good people. I think that everywhere are nice and not so nice people. Never let the not so nice ones ruin your day! <3
      Thank you for your comment!

19/06/2017 at 20:57 Reply
  • jillepille

Was für schöne Ideen, die nichtmal eine Minute Zeit kosten und anderen doch ein Lächeln ins Gesicht zaubern. Toller Post!

Liebste Grüße,
    Jil von JillePille.com

19/06/2017 at 21:00 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Vielen lieben Dank <3 So soll es sein, einfach und doch mit einer großen Wirkung! Sag mir BEscheid wenn du morgen etwas von meiner Liste ausprobieren solltest! 🙂 Deinen Blog lese ich moregen ganz in Ruhe <3

19/06/2017 at 21:14 Reply
  • sian

I love this!! People don’t take the time any more and it’s so easy!! Keep up the good work making this world a better place post by post!

19/06/2017 at 21:16 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much! <3 I will keep up! If you wanna keep up reading you should follow my Blog, it's free and would make me really happy! 🙂 You're absolutley right! Some points are such an easy and short task to do but they will be a long and happy memory for the people you treat. <3

19/06/2017 at 21:18 Reply
  • Mrs. Millennial

What a great list. I think sometimes just a reminder like this makes us want to do more. Thank you for sharing!

20/06/2017 at 01:02 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for your nice comment! <3 Your always welcome! Yes i thought so too 🙂 If you don't wanna miss those little reminders you should follow my Blog ??

20/06/2017 at 04:54 Reply
  • Ana

Thanks for sharing! There were definitely some innovative ideas on this list. Love your content! x

20/06/2017 at 01:41 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you Ana! ? That means a lot to me ? If you wanna have content like this once a week than you should follow my Blog ?❤️

20/06/2017 at 04:55 Reply
  • Dr. Elise Cohen Ho

#45 made me giggle but really there are many. many great ideas here.

20/06/2017 at 05:30 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Haha yes ? but really it’s always such a nice thing to do for a Blogger ? Thank you very much ❤️

20/06/2017 at 06:40 Reply
  • 51 free and easy good deeds to make the world a better place | OHOH

[…] Source: 51 free and easy good deeds to make the world a better place […]

20/06/2017 at 06:40 Reply
  • misstalkingfeet

It’s extremely nice,heart touching and inspirational.Amazing how little gestures like these can lighten up someone’s dark days

20/06/2017 at 06:51 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes you understand it! Keep doing good deeds and the world will give you something nice back! <3

20/06/2017 at 08:30 Reply
  • Claire (@clairebeary94)

I love all of these tips. Most of them I already do, some I need to, but this is so sweet overall. http://www.clairebearblogs.com

20/06/2017 at 06:59 Reply

Thank you very much! ❤️
      Keep doing those! ??

20/06/2017 at 08:32 Reply
  • shopgirlanonymous

What a handy list! How great would it be to toss these in a pot and draw one out each day to make sure we make each day count!

20/06/2017 at 17:23 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That’s an awasome idea! Should do a DIY about this soon 🙂 Follow my Blog to make sure you won’t miss it!

20/06/2017 at 18:41 Reply
  • Pospi O Otuson

I really do envy this blog post 🙂 Infact am bookmarking this now

21/06/2017 at 08:33 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That’s so nice of you ❤️ If you wanna be sure to keep informated about anything new on my Blog go follow my E-Mail list ❤️

21/06/2017 at 14:57 Reply
  • lex

so good to know you can have yourself doing a whole lot of this and at the end of the day, you are part of the change the world needs…

21/06/2017 at 10:57 Reply

Yes I think so too <3
      It's just great what we can do with some little treats for each other 🙂

21/06/2017 at 14:58 Reply
  • 3nions

I just called my old friend thanks for the wonderful suggestion

21/06/2017 at 13:45 Reply
  • Chrissy

These are some great suggestions. I’ll be using some of them today.

21/06/2017 at 21:24 Reply

Great! What were your good deeds at the last days? <3

24/06/2017 at 13:07 Reply
  • laila

This is great! I was just thinking about this today!

21/06/2017 at 23:38 Reply
  • lindsayscalco

i love this list! writing thank you notes is a long lost tradition!

21/06/2017 at 23:54 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thanks, that’s great! I will post some more in the future so make sure you follow my Blof´g, so you won’t miss any of them. 😉 <3

24/06/2017 at 13:06 Reply
  • Avaganza

Toller Beitrag <3! Du hast vollkommen recht – es gibt so viele Kleinigkeiten, die man machen kann. Nachdem ich an Karma glaube, bin ich überzeugt dass wenn man Positives tut … das auch zurück bekommt.

Liebe Grüße und schönen Abend!
    Verena

22/06/2017 at 00:29 Reply
  • Ying-NavigatingAdulthood

This is so uplifting, I always offer tourists to take a picture of them- I know how hard it is to be able to get a good picture while on vacation.

22/06/2017 at 02:37 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes the struggle is real! 😉 Keepon going, i think the tourist will be very thankful for this. 😉 <3

24/06/2017 at 13:05 Reply
  • Lianne

Really great post, I love it and it inspires me so much! The little things can have such a big effect. I try to them frequently. I love what you said about spending time with your pets to make them happy. I have an order coming in for my pets today with treats and a toy for my dog, and a good bone for him to chew on, and thinking about that making him happy makes me happy too.
    If you ever like to guestpost on my blog about something like this, please contact me!

22/06/2017 at 10:59 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you really much! <3 That's great! What's the name of your dog? I love dogs soo much, but I haven't the time for one 🙁 I would be very interested!

24/06/2017 at 13:04 Reply