Lifestyle

How to create a healthy Morning Routine that works for you

Being healthy isn’t doing Sport and eating Avocado, even if it seems to be like that sometimes. Sport and healthy food are an important basis for a healthy life. But the real game changers are your daily habits.

Today I want to start with the first thing in the day, the morning.
I’m sure that you make huge mistakes in your morning routine. It starts with the problem that you don’t have a morning routine. Am I right? If you have one by accident don’t feel safe. I bet you don’t do half of my tips by now, but things can change.
All-clear! You can breathe a sigh of relief because I will explain you the important things for a healthy start into the day.

The previous evening

The morning is the foundation for a kick-ass day.
But to make this foundation great you should start with the previous evening.
If you belong to the 85% of night owl’s in the world you should rapidly change to the 15% of morning persons. Even if you don’t get the negatives of being a night owl now.

1) Prepare things for the next morning

The most time gets wasted in the morning. Definitely also by you, but you can change this easy and fast. »Easy and Fast? That must be a lie!« No, I’m serious!
Take 10 minutes every evening and prepare some small things for the next day.
Choosing your outfit is, for example, a great opportunity to save some time for the next morning.

2) Go to bed early

For all the night owl’s under you this might seem hard at the beginning, but it will be worth it! Your body needs only 7-8 hours sleep a day. If you’re going to bed at 10 p.m. you will wake up at 5 – 6 a.m. and have a lot of time left for healthy habits.

3) Have a fixed bedtime

Apple offers since one of the latest updates the opportunity to have a fixed bedtime, for a reason. Having a fixed time for going to sleep is great because your body will get used to it. You will sleep in way faster and calmer.

4) Put away all technical devices

The blue light of your smartphone or Laptop stops your body with building melatonin. Melatonin is the substance that makes you sleepy. Put away all technical devices about 20 minutes before you go to sleep and you will fall asleep faster.

A fixed bedtime will not do any good if you hang on your phone until sleep time.

The actual morning

Have you already learned something new about the previous evening? If yes write a comment about what you learned already.
The actual morning has so many fields to do wrong while building a healthy morning routine. I listed the following points the order you should do them. You’re a free human I can’t force you to do it my way, but jumping out of bed after doing a workout doesn’t make any sense. 😉

5) Jump out of bed

As I mentioned you should start your day with jumping out of bed. 🙂 Don’t overact it with a backflip, a Flic-Flac will do as well. Jokes apart, just do (it) an enthusiastic skipper out of your bed. Secondarily you can say „Today will be a good day“ or „I will make the best out of it!“. It certainly sounds strange to you, but it will increase your mood and motivation for the whole day.

6) You snooze you loose

If you are like me and the large majority, you hit the „Snooze-Button“ at least 3 times before waking up. In the best case. Sometimes you fell asleep again, noticing two hours later that you pressed „Stop“ instead of „Snooze“. This isn’t a big problem if it happens only once or twice. But if it gets to an unpleasant habit you should change this immediately.

How?

Stop pressing „Snooze“! Researchers discovered that your brain is resetting when you’re drifting off to sleep again. That means you will be very tired once again.
So you’re not „only“ arriving too late to work, it’s all at once quite unhealthy.

7) Drink water

You can make this easy as a habit. Place a water bottle near to your bed, when you wake up try to empty the bottle within half an hour. You will get more alert and receive power for the upcoming day. This happens because your body is dehydrated after a long night. Drinking a lot of water refills the water storage of your body, that makes you fitter.

Remember! Drinking enough water over the whole day is important. Water keeps your system running.

8) Open the window

This is a point a lot of people don’t do or forget to do. Although opening the window will change the whole game. The fresh and the cool air is absolutely refreshing.

Furthermore, will the sunlight stop your body from producing melatonin (Remember: the substance that makes you tired. In the evening good – In the morning not). You will wake up as never before!

9) Do Sport!

Doing Sport in the morning has many advantages.

First of all, it makes you alert. After doing a little workout or a short jog you will feel like the king of the world. Even 10 minutes jogging are enough to collect enough power for one of the harder days.

Moreover, it is occupied that you burn 20% more fat doing your workout at an early hour. Because the glycogen reservoir of your body is empty in the morning and when you’re doing sport it will make resources to your fat.

10) Have Breakfast

Last but not least I want to say the actually natural. Having Breakfast. Too many People go to work with nothing than coffee in their stomach. How should your body be able to work with nothing to convert into energy?

To have enough Power to solve even hard tasks you should eat enough in the morning. It’s the only way your body can refill his stores.
I had posted a Recipe of my favorite Breakfast once on my Blog. It’s fast done, warm and absolutely delicious! My free Breakfast-recipe: here

In a nutshell

• Preparation
  • Sleep earlier
  • Fixed bedtimes
  • Ban smartphones
  • Show enthusiasm
  • Stop Snoozing
  • Drink water
  • Fresh air and sunlight
  • Sport
  • Breakfast

That’s what your Healthy Morning Routine should look like, don’t be afraid of changes. They made us to who we are right now. My morning routine isn’t perfect either, but I’m working at it. You should work at it too.

»Don’t try to be Perfect, try to be your Best Version.«

Being healthy isn’t doing Sport, eating Avocado and having a great Morning Routine. It’s having things straightened out with yourself. Even if I’m not there yet I’m putting a lot of effort in my „Health“. You should too.

With these deep words, I want to leave you for today. I hope you learned some new things you can add to your own routine. I look forward to your opinion in the comment section!
Have a wonderful and productive week and see you next Sunday, same place same time.

Keep smiling!
∼Hannah Nele

You may also like

103 Comments

• Wandering Walsh

Love these tips, thanks ☺

09/07/2017 at 20:35 Reply
  • biancadanise

These are such achievable goals! I believe that once you put this into habit, you’ll actually get magnetized to do better 😀

09/07/2017 at 20:36 Reply
  • R. Alexandria

I’m definitely an abuser of the snooze button. But I will say that recently I’ve started picking up what I’m going to wear the night before and that definitely helps. Thanks for these tips.

09/07/2017 at 20:50 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Me too, but nothing is perfect and you can always work at yourself 😉 YOur always welcome! Thanks for your nice comment! <3

09/07/2017 at 21:17 Reply
  • Simply Muna

Great tips! I really need to teach myself a solid morning routine. I am not a morning person, even with a toddler and baby?

09/07/2017 at 20:54 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you Muna! <3 I'm pretty sure that you will become a morning person when you follow some of my tips.

09/07/2017 at 21:18 Reply
  • Greta Lamfel

These tips are awesome. Thanks

09/07/2017 at 20:54 Reply

Your welcome Greta! Thank you for your nice comment! <3

09/07/2017 at 21:19 Reply
  • Jenny

I always need to get to bed earlier, but sometimes its hard with a toddler!

09/07/2017 at 20:56 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That’s a point that is difficult for me too, but I’m trying hard. Good luck and keep trying ;*

09/07/2017 at 21:20 Reply
  • secretsofgreatestminds

I agree with you. Morning is so important! How you start your day impacts your day your Productivity and happiness

09/07/2017 at 21:29 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes, you nailed it! The morning is like I already said the foundation of a great and happy day 🙂 Hope you have one today and see you next Sunday! <3

10/07/2017 at 13:51 Reply
  • niasimone

Great tips for sure, I’ll have to get my phone away!

09/07/2017 at 21:43 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for your compliment! This is a problem I’m fighting often with too. :/ Keep trying! We are stronger then this little technical device! <3

10/07/2017 at 13:50 Reply
  • Julia Elizabeth

I love reading morning routines!! And yes, preparation is so so so important 🙂 We have very similar habits haha

09/07/2017 at 21:49 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

I’m happy you loved my Post 🙂 Yes it really is. Haha nice to know that I’m not the only one with those habits. ;P Have a nice day Julia! <3

10/07/2017 at 13:49 Reply
      • Julia Elizabeth

Thank you Hannah, you have a wonderful day as well ?

10/07/2017 at 14:03 Reply

Thank you very much Julia <3 People like you make my day! 🙂

10/07/2017 at 14:06 Reply
  • Tricia

This is so accurate! I try to have a „good“ morning routine, but I just can’t seem to make it routine yet! but I’m going to keep trying. Great tips! 🙂

09/07/2017 at 21:50 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for your nice comment Tricia! <3 I think the fact that you're trying is already the right beginning. Just keep doing and it will become to your Routine. I'm sure you will rock it! <3

10/07/2017 at 13:48 Reply
  • Jelena BB

Hannah thanks for the post. You’ve really written about all the important things in order to be able to rise fresh and relaxed in the morning, and start the day in a healthy way.

09/07/2017 at 22:05 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Your welcome Jelena! I love hearing that you liked my Post <3 Nothing makes me as happy as Blogging (and Sport). Have a wonderful and relaxed day!

10/07/2017 at 13:46 Reply
  • Gabriela

Gret plan! I will start tomorrow

09/07/2017 at 22:19 Reply
  • Jackie Lynn

These are absolutely great tips, all seem so easy but even easier to fall short.

09/07/2017 at 22:30 Reply

Thank you! <3 It may seem
      Like this, but I know you can do it! You can do great! Your a strong and independent woman Jackie! ?

10/07/2017 at 05:16 Reply
  • Erika

Loved these tips, morning routine starts the nigth before!

10/07/2017 at 04:41 Reply
  • An Ordinary Gal

Lol..backflips out of bed?? Don’t worry, I won’t be doing that. Great practical advice 😉

10/07/2017 at 14:11 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Who knows 😉 I believe that my Followers can achieve everything when they wan’t so why not a backflip outta bed? ;P Thank you for your compliment! <3

11/07/2017 at 19:40 Reply
  • Theresa Marie Daily

This is such an awesome post! Super informative and really helpful! Morning routines are so important !

10/07/2017 at 14:22 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you Theresa, I’m glad you liked it that much! Make sure you will get noticed about my new Posts and start following my Blog! <3

11/07/2017 at 19:39 Reply
  • Helene Choo

Great post! Very actionable and simple steps. It’s just difficult to put the devices away when they’re so enticing haha! Thanks for sharing:)

10/07/2017 at 15:09 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for sharing such a kind comment! <3 I hope I helped you with my Post Helene, keep going and remind yourself: winners wake up early!

11/07/2017 at 19:38 Reply
  • Lauren (@pinkonthecheek)

My new morning routine includes working out after my coffee! I love getting it out of the way early so I don’t have excuses at night 😉

10/07/2017 at 16:48 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Baaam! Powerwoman at her best! I’m honestly proud on you <3 Working out in the morning is in so many ways the best option! Keep pushing <3

11/07/2017 at 19:36 Reply
  • Taylor

These are great tips! I especially love the snooze button one! I always feel so much more awake when I get out of bed right when my alarm goes off, as compared to when I hit snooze a few times! Also love your photos! 🙂

10/07/2017 at 19:18 Reply
  • Sonal Gupte

Your article has motivated me to get up early.

10/07/2017 at 19:19 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That’s what I wanted to achieve! <3 Thanks for your comment Sonal!

11/07/2017 at 19:34 Reply
  • Taylor Merloni

10/07/2017 at 19:19 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes that’s what it should go like, I have those bad morning too, but most of the time I’m stopping the alarm and start my day right off. 🙂 Thank you very much Taylor! <3

11/07/2017 at 19:34 Reply
  • nicoleflintkontrol

Such a great post! Great tips!

10/07/2017 at 19:29 Reply
  • Jacqueline

Thanks for these great tips (:

10/07/2017 at 19:45 Reply
  • supermillennial

Very well written I get up everyday between 4-445 and use all of these tips. „Winners wake up early“

10/07/2017 at 22:16 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Wow that’s really early, I wake up at 5.30 a.m. every morning 🙂 that’s enough to me, but you’re completly right, winners wake up early, love that quote! <3

11/07/2017 at 19:32 Reply
  • bowtiesandcoffee

Wonderful tips here! I’ve never been a morning perso , maybe some of these will help my mornings. Thanks!!

10/07/2017 at 22:39 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you 🙂 I’m sure they will <3 You're welcome lovely!

11/07/2017 at 19:29 Reply
  • bowtiesandcoffee

Mornings have never been on of my strong suits, I will defiantly be trying these tips to help make things smoother. Especially with kids morning are always crazy for us! Thanks for the advice!

10/07/2017 at 22:43 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes try them! <3 I'm sure that my tips will create your morning smoother and healthier 🙂 You will handle everything also powerful children at 6 a.m. ;P

11/07/2017 at 19:31 Reply
  • A Beautiful Life; The Journey

Yes!!! Loved this whole post! I do a lot of theses things and I love that you laid eveything out so neatly! Nice blog post!!! Pinned it also! ❤️❤️❤️

11/07/2017 at 00:32 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you very much! <3 Gosh I can't describe how happy you made me with your wonderful compliment and the sharing, that's so kind of you! I look forward to hear from you under my next Posts too 🙂

11/07/2017 at 19:29 Reply
  • Adeyemisi

Okay keeping to a healthy morning routine has always been quite hard for probably because I have no idea how to do it… Thanks for this amazing post, but sleeping early is quite challenging for me… But I’ll make sure to follow the suggestions you have… Thank you u?

11/07/2017 at 01:48 Reply
  • lcross35

These are such great tips, I’m always looking for ways to hack my mornings!

11/07/2017 at 01:54 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you a lot! <3 You're doing right with that!

11/07/2017 at 19:27 Reply
  • Brittany from The Purple Truths

The reason why I am not productive in the morning is due to my alarm clock and hitting the snooze button. I have gotten better over the past few days. Your post reminded me of a few things I need to try.

11/07/2017 at 01:58 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

I’m happy to hear that it’s getting better 🙂 Surely you will do great if you keep remiinding yourself of my tips! <3 Just try them 😉

11/07/2017 at 19:27 Reply
  • Marie Goldstein

I really need to get into these habits more! Thanks for the reminder. 😉

11/07/2017 at 03:32 Reply

I’m sure you will do great <3 You're always welcome here on my Blog

11/07/2017 at 19:25 Reply
  • The Appreciative Traveler

Good tips – I am a morning person but my late social media work has change my routine. Back to the old ways for a while – thanks for sharing

11/07/2017 at 03:56 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for your nice comment, you’re always welcome on my Blog! <3 Hope you will handle your morning routine soon!

11/07/2017 at 19:25 Reply
  • lorevi23

Really good tips I have to do a list like this and achieve I am so motivated now thanks a lot

11/07/2017 at 20:54 Reply

You’re welcome! <3 Use the motivation for the good things! ;*

12/07/2017 at 13:24 Reply
  • Sunburnt Aloe

Great tips, thank you! Mornings are always hard for me. 🙂

12/07/2017 at 02:41 Reply

Your welcome! I’m sure you can change this! <3

12/07/2017 at 13:23 Reply
  • quirkyglobetrotter

*You snooze, you lose. Otherwise good tips. The enthusiasm one made me laugh a little bit. I’d also add that morning and nighttime stretches are necessary!

12/07/2017 at 06:54 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you for your advice! <3 Yes those stretches are important too!

12/07/2017 at 13:22 Reply
  • Ana

Such fantastic tips, girl! Thanks for sharing – I definitely think I’ll start opening the window each morning!

12/07/2017 at 15:36 Reply
  • Brittney Ross

Great post! I need to do a better job of putting my phone away when I lay down to go to sleep, And I DEFINITELY need to do a better job of drinking water first thing when I wake up. I’m sure it would make me feel much more energized and ready to start my day! xoxo

12/07/2017 at 19:58 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Me too 😉 I’m hanging on my phone way too long… The water thing is easy to me, just place the bottle near your bed, so you’re seeing it when you wake up and then just start drinking ;P It will help you a lot starting into the day!

16/07/2017 at 13:10 Reply
  • MerryBerry

Thank you for some amazing tips ♥️ Tomorrow I will definitely jump out of my bed⭐️⭐️ And try to drink a lot

12/07/2017 at 22:26 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank YOU for your lovely comment! <3 And did you tried it? How was it? I hope you haven't broken anything important? 😉

16/07/2017 at 13:09 Reply
  • maryosadolor

Hi Hannah,

I nominated you for a Liebster Award.
    You’ve been nominated for a blogging Liebster award! This award is given to new bloggers who have excellent content and a great message to share.

See your nomination here:

If you’d like to accept the award and participate, here are the next steps:

1. Write a post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog, telling a bit about it.

2. Upload the image or award somewhere to that post or in your sidebar via widgets.

3. Answer the questions you’ve been asked in my blog link above.

4. Nominate 5-10 newish bloggers with under 1000 followers (this is just a rough estimate… anyone kind of new is fine), linking to their sites.

5. Rewrite the five questions to ask your nominees whatever you’d like them to answer in their acceptance blog.

6. Notify the owners of the blogs you’ve nominated so they can accept the award.

… You definitely don’t have to play along and make a post BUT it’s kind of fun to see who people nominate and how they answer the questions. It’s fun networking.   CONGRATS!!!!

13/07/2017 at 11:59 Reply

Thank you very much, I will try to do one too, but I can’t promise! <3

16/07/2017 at 13:04 Reply
  • Amber Melvin

Great list … it always makes the day so much better when the morning has a good start ?

13/07/2017 at 18:42 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Thank you Amber <3 Yes thats why I wanted to share this with you, so you can have a wonderful day, nearly every day in your life. 😉

16/07/2017 at 13:08 Reply
  • Who Let The Mum Out?

That’s a great routine. Sounds like a great start to a healthy morning

Who Let the Mum Out?

13/07/2017 at 18:56 Reply
  • Nikita

Thank you for this ! I have been trying to do the switch from night owl to morning person but it has been more difficult then expected ! Will definitely try to implement more of your tips into my routine. Lots of love.

13/07/2017 at 18:59 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

It is difficult, you’re right. But what in life isn’t? The good things will not come by coincidence, work for it, fail some times and work harder, and I promise you you will manage it! Sending love back and thanks for your comment! Keep trying! <3

16/07/2017 at 13:06 Reply
  • Girly Gabble

Really love this post! To the point and overall awesome! Xo

13/07/2017 at 19:15 Reply
  • Silvija

Shared similar article on my blog too! Love this post! Keep up the good work!

13/07/2017 at 19:34 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

I will check yours in the evening so I can add your points to my routine. 🙂 Thanks for the link and your nice comment! <3

16/07/2017 at 13:03 Reply
  • raeissunshine

I’m always trying to create healthier morning habits. Thanks for the tips.

13/07/2017 at 20:21 Reply
  • Sweet Daisy Girl

Loved this!
    xoxo, Katelyn

13/07/2017 at 20:37 Reply
  • Bob Hamilton

Baby steps: I intend to work on getting rid of the snooze button, drinking a glass of water – before my coffee, and taking the dog for a walk early – before it gets too hot. If I can get that much done, I can get started on the rest of it.
    Thanks for the awesome advice.

13/07/2017 at 21:12 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Yes baby steps is a good idea! Don’t overdo yourself, because your mind would otherwise give up faster, when everything becomes to much. Thanks for your comment Bob. 🙂

16/07/2017 at 13:02 Reply
  • Wendy Neal

Great post! Hitting the snooze button is a tough habit for me to break, but I’m trying!

13/07/2017 at 22:05 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Just do it, try to put your phone or alarm clock away from your bed so you’re forced to stay up out of bed, when you’re already staying stop the alarm and start into the day. It will be much more refreshing then drifting into sleep again, I promise. 🙂

16/07/2017 at 13:01 Reply
  • aneeqlondon

I never hit the snooze button. I feel quite proud. That’s the only good habit I have though!

13/07/2017 at 23:58 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

That is really a big thing you’re doing absolutley right! But I’m sure that it isn’t the only good habit. <3 You're a wonderful human just as you are. 🙂

16/07/2017 at 12:59 Reply
  • April Kitchens

This was a great post. I’ve been off my routine lately, hitting snooze almost every morning. I definitely have to get back to my regularity.

14/07/2017 at 00:26 Reply
    • Hannah Nele

Everyone has those times, drifting off from a normally good running routine… I’m a little bit tired doing sport/my workouts in the last weeks, but remind yourself that you’re stronger then your inner weaker. 😉 I believe in you! <3

16/07/2017 at 12:58 Reply
  • secretsofgreatestminds

Love this one! So powerful!

14/07/2017 at 05:33 Reply